Friday, September 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday, er, Friday

"Distracted by one wrong thing, I missed out on seeing many right things. I think this is a tactic the evil one uses against me. The devil loves to get us to focus on the little that's wrong so we miss the big picture of all that's right." -Lysa Terkeurst

True for me this week. I've been sick this week, so it's thrown my whole mood out of whack! I've been distracted by being sick, so I haven't had the patience to look for all the "right" things. Thus, I missed thankful thursday, so this week, we get a thankful Friday. Call me silly, but it really helps to vocalize all that we're thankful for...especially when we've been in a "funk". 


We're thankful for little Jonah Gochnauer! Thankful that the Lord has blessed our dear friends Adam & Jenny with a second beautiful boy, born on Wednesday afternoon. Thankful that he's healthy, and beautiful, and will undoubtedly bring infinite joy to the Gochnauer household! Congratulations Gochnauers, we love you! (And can't wait to meet little man!)









I'm thankful for this WEATHER! Still a little warm, but cool enough for me to enjoy my lunch hours in the park again! Been over to Brittlebank park twice this week, laid out my towel (still in the shade), and read my book. It's been heavenly! And, I get to enjoy this view of the Ashley River! So, I must say also, I'm thankful I live in Charleston!







I'm thankful for rest! I've not been sleeping well this week, and last night was the first night I slept through the night! 

I'm thankful for Pumpkin Spice Lattes. 'Nuff said :)

We're both thankful for our quality friendships. Though I believe it led to me being sick all week, We had a great sushi double date with the Berrys the other night! We always have such a great time when we're together. Excited for our flea market adventure with them tomorrow!

I'm thankful for my sisters, who are both far away from me right now! Caroline's away at college, and Kristen's in Guatemala on a mission trip. Love them both, and miss them both this week!




and saving the best for last...

We're thankful for Becca and Josh, our little sister and brother that both celebrated birthdays this week!! You two are definitely blessings to all those who surround you! Blessings in your new schools, Blessings to your friends, and definitely blessings to us! We're so proud of you BOTH!


No comments:

Post a Comment